Monday, March 26, 2007


You know, something has been nagging at me for a while, and I thought I'd share it with you. My idea, which is mine, and belongs to me, is as follows:

Star Trek: Enterprise did not suck. I repeat, it was a good show, and it did not suck nearly as much as those mouldering, smelly old Trekkies seemed to think. It got low ratings because UPN was a crummy network anyway, and probably because Star Trek stuff has been in constant production for almost 20 years.

If non-Trekkies had watched the show, they might have realized that it was pretty darn good. Frankly, I think the character of Captain Archer was much more of a "captain" than Kirk and a lot less stuffy than Picard (not to diss Patrick Stewart, of course). The interactions between the tactical officer (Malcom) and the chief engineer (Tucker) were always fun, even if they were just a subplot.

Well, at least SciFi is rerunning the episodes on Mondays now. It was a good show, and it deserved better than it got.

No comments: